Ayurveda & Nutrition – eat according to your constitution
Date: Tuesday June 16
Time: 7:00 – 8:30 pm
Price: € 15,-
Ayurvedic tea, Ayurvedic cookbooks, but really what is Ayurvedic food? Many people think that Ayurvedic food means that you should eat Indian food: nothing could be further from the truth! Ayurveda can be applied to any kitchen and is therefore a universal science.
What is important? A number of general rules, and your current doshic balance/imbalance must be taken into account in order to eat in an Ayurvedic way. Because what is healthy for you does not always have to be healthy for someone else.
Ayurveda always looks at the individual and adjusts everything to it. And that doesn’t have to be very complicated! In this webinar I explain how you can take your own constitution into account in a playful and creative way, without having to give up your own kitchen!
As the most famous Ayurvedic expression says: “Let food be your medicine and medicine your food”: when you eat according to your constitution you will be more balanced, have better digestion and a stronger immune system.
WHAT DO WE DO?
This webinar takes about 1,5 hours. It is suited for those new to Ayurveda as well as to those who are familiair with its basics. Please keep a notebook on the side to make notes during the webinar.
- I will start with a basic concept of Ayurveda: meaning origin and on which principles it is based.
- Then we go deeper into the three doshas: Vata, Pitta and Kapha. What are their characteristics and how does that reflect in your body and mind? Doing a dosha test can be a first step to getting a better understanding of your constitution, an intake with an Ayurvedic consult will give you more insight.
- Then we are going to talk about nutrition. Before we address the specific needs of the dosha types, I will explain some general rules. We talk about the 6 flavors, food combinations, cooling and heating foods, but also mindfulness, emotions and habits during the meal are discussed. Did you know, for example, that it is not advisable to take a large glass of liquid with your meal? I’ll explain it all to you!
- Now we specifically address the doshas. We discuss what you should take into account when you cook for someone with a Vata, a Pitta or a Kapha predominant constitution (or a mix them). We treat the eating pattern, the tastes, the characteristics (for example heavy, light food) and which foods are beneficial for a certain constitution.
- Depending on the time left together we will construct a meal plan for a day for each of the doshic types: here I invite you to really think along with me: what would be a good breakfast for a Kapha type? What for a Vata type? How about snacks? It will help you to make the information yours and be empowered to integrate it in your daily life.
- Of course there is room for questions.
WHAT DO YOU TAKE FROM THE AYURVEDIC DETOX WEBINAR?
Ayurveda is becoming increasingly popular in the West and even modern medicine is increasingly looking for remedies and solutions in Ayurveda. Yet there is often little understanding of this science. This is your chance to delve deeper into this “Science of Life” and learn the basics.
With the knowledge of Ayurveda and concrete examples you get immediate insight into how you can apply Ayurveda in your daily life and diet.
Self-knowledge is the ultimate knowledge. By learning to understand yourself better from an Ayurvedic perspective, you are empowered to be your own healer and less dependent on trends, the media or chemical agents and drinks. Ordinary house, garden and kitchen work 😊