Ayurveda & Detox – eliminate toxins from your system
Date: Sunday March 29 – cancelled – to be rescheduled soon
Location: Medicine Body Studio, Potgieterstraat 39 sous, 1053 XS Amsterdam
Time: 2:15 pm – 4:45 pm
Price: € 35,-
Teacher: Amber Jägers
Spring and fall are the ultimate times to detoxify the body. Ayurvedic detox is not about juice fasting, raw food or losing weight, but about removing “ama” (waste) from the body, so that nutrients are properly absorbed and the system can recover. You will learn all about it in this unique Ayurvedic workshop.
WHAT DO WE DO?
This workshop is about 2,5 hours. This consists of a theoretical part and many practical exercises, so that you will discover for yourself how you can recognize that there are waste substances in your body and what is needed to get them out of your body, without drastic measures. In between will be a tea break.
THEORY & PRACTICAL EXERCISES
- I will start with a basic concept of Ayurveda: meaning origin and on which principles it is based.
- Then we look briefly at the seasons and I will explain to you why in particular spring and autumn are the ideal seasons to detox.
- We will discuss the importance of good digestion to prevent waste accumulating in your body. From Ayurveda we call this “agni”, the digestive fire.
- I provide insight into the origin of “ama” (waste) and how ama and agni have to do with each other. This ama is seen from Ayurveda as the origin for many inconveniences and diseases.
To work! Now you want to know for sure if you have waste in your body yourself?
- Everyone receives a questionnaire that gives you insight into how your agni works (digestive fire) and whether there are “ama” (waste) in your body.
- In addition, we get started with tongue diagnosis: waste in your body often shows a specific phenomenon on your tongue. Evaluate your own tongue and perhaps also that of your neighbor.
Then of course you want to know, how do I get rid of this? Of those waste materials?
- I will tell you how to improve your digestive fire and how to “burn” waste: with food and lifestyle and some specific Ayurvedic rituals. The better this goes in your daily life, the fewer inconveniences and the less the need for detoxes.
- Finally, we discuss a real Ayurvedic detox; a detox plan that you all also get home. With this detox plan you can work at home to rid your body of toxins in a mild but effective way.
WHAT DO YOU TAKE FROM THE AYURVEDIC DETOX WORKSHOP?
Ayurveda is becoming increasingly popular in the West and even modern medicine is increasingly looking for remedies and solutions in Ayurveda. Yet there is often little understanding of this science. This is your chance to delve deeper into this “Science of Life” and learn the basics.
With the knowledge of Ayurveda and concrete examples you get immediate insight into how it is with your “ama” and “agni”.
You learn how you can remove “ama” with home remedies, diet, routine and exercises and improve “agni”. No expensive doctor visits and no chemical pills.
Start at home
In addition to all the tips & tricks, you go home with a ready-made detox plan. So you don’t have to sort anything out yourself and you can start right away.