Ayurveda & Daily routine – Dinacharya: connect to the rhythms of nature
Using Webex: after your subscription and payment you will receive the Webex-link
Date: Tuesday May 19
Time: 7:00 – 8:30 pm
Price: € 15,-
In our high-tech and fast-paced Western society we experience many biological disruptions, like jet lags, artificial lights, working evening/night shifts etc. These disruptions make us humans to lose our connection with nature.
Ayurveda has always emphasized the need for a healthy biological rhythm. Nowadays also modern scientists recognize its importance. Disconnection from the natural rhythms of life is been linked to a variety of health problems, of which poor cognitive functioning, a decrease in performance and efficiency, mal digestion, sleeping disorders, depression, diabetes, excessive weight gain, heart diseases and even certain types of cancer.
During this webinar you will learn about a daily Ayurvedic ritual. This daily ritual – called Dinacharya – promotes your body and mind to reconnect to the rhythms of nature and therefore to resolve numerous complaints and prevent disease.
- I start with an introduction about myself and give you a general understanding of Ayurveda: its origin, development and the basic principles of this ancient ‘Science of Life’. This introduction is part of every workshop.
- The three doshas and the rhythm of nature. You will learn how the doshas Vata, Pitta and Kapha relate to the rhythms of each day and what is their influence on your body. Do your work with or against these rhythms?
- We go into the Ayurvedic morning ritual – Dinacharya. You will learn several techniques to eliminate ama (toxic waste) from the body. This includes tongue scraping, oil pulling, nasya (for the nose), abhyanga (self-massage), yoga and pranayama. I will advise you on products that you can by so that you are all set to create your daily routine: nothing expensive!
- The morning ritual is most important, but we also look at how you can adjust the rest of your day to the natural rhythms.
- There is time for questions
- I will send you off with an exercise: how can Dinacharya integrate into your daily life? What time zones of the day are most critical for you to pay attention too? How can you balance yourself with your newly gained Ayurvedic knowledge about daily rhythms?
WHAT DO YOU TAKE OUT FROM THE AYURVEDIC DINACHARYA WORKSHOP?
1. Ayurvedic knowledge
Ayurveda is becoming increasingly popular in the West and even modern medicine is increasingly looking for remedies and solutions in Ayurveda. Yet there is often little understanding of this science. This is your chance to dive deeper into this ‘Science of Life’ and to learn the basics. Every workshop we dive deeper into the theory and highlight a different theme. If you follow the 4 workshops as training, you will have a good understanding of the most important principles within Ayurveda at the end of the ride.
2. Gives self-insight
You gain insight into your own daily rhythm and to what extent you are in contact with the natural rhythms of the day. Change starts with acknowledgement.
3. Restore your connection with nature!
This is your chance to revitalize your connection with nature! With the Ayurvedic wisdom you receive during workshop you can take a closer look at your own rhythm and integrate the Dinacharya into your own day.
4. Medication and prevention
A daily routine in which you remove waste matter (ama) from the body and adjust your exercise, eating, and sleep routine to nature, not only eliminates many health problems, but also prevents disbalance from developing. Self-care = health-care!
5. Getting started at home
You make your own Dinacharya plan. In other words, nothing stops you from immediately putting your good intentions into practice.